Purpose of Narijibon Blog

Nari Jibon Project seeks to increase our students’ and staffs’ abilities through different ways: classes, practice, computers, internet, and now the Narijibon Blog. Readers and writers (our students & staff) of the Blog will both learn about our lives, culture, Nature, activities of people in Bangladesh and the Nari Jibon Project.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bird of the baby girl

Translated by Kazi Rafiqul Islam
Written in Bengali: Bithi Rahman


The baby girl says – O cowboy, playing flute
Under the banyan tree
Have you seen my bird
That flew away?

The cowboy says – Playing flute at a lonely place
I have not seen your bird
Where it fled from the cage.

Baby says – All the noon I looked for it
Roaming around the wood
Has my bird fled for ever?
Will it never come back?

Cowboy says – The bird comes from the wood
Does it look good in the cage?
Bird of the wood has flown to the wood
Let her fly away.

Baby says – This cannot happen
If she is not with me
How shall I spend my time?
I loved her, fed her
Keeping in the cage
Wanted to teach her my words.
Leaving everything, where has she fled
All alone I am looking for her.

Cowboy says- Men will live with men
The bird has its wings
Will fly far away
Go back home, baby
Leave her in the woods.


No comments: