Purpose of Narijibon Blog

Nari Jibon Project seeks to increase our students’ and staffs’ abilities through different ways: classes, practice, computers, internet, and now the Narijibon Blog. Readers and writers (our students & staff) of the Blog will both learn about our lives, culture, Nature, activities of people in Bangladesh and the Nari Jibon Project.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

What is the biggest celebration of your community each year?

Taslima Akhter
ID: 885
English Section

The biggest celebration of our community is given below:

Eid festival is the biggest celebration of our community each year. There are two Eids. Eid-ul-fitr and Eid-ul-Azha. Last year I celebrated the Eid-ul-fitr with due religious solemnity and purity. In the morning of Eid day I found my mother and sisters preparing different kinds of delicious items of food and sweets. In the morning I woke up and said my said Fazar prayer. After getting bath, I decorated my house. Then I ate some sweets. Then I put on my new dress and helped my mother. Birani was cooked at our house on the occasion. In the afternoon I went to the house of near and dear ones and exchanged greetings with them. I got much pleasure. Thus I spent the afternoon. At night I watched different programs on TV on different channels. Eid-ul-Azha, another religious festival we observed with great solemnity in the world. Last year, my father bought a cow and a goat. I fed them. So, I felt sorry when they were sacrificed. As we are Muslim, we have to follow the rules of Islam. After sacrificing, I went to my friends’ houses to see their sacrificed animals. After one and a half hour, I came back home and helped mother to prepare different dishes. At noon along with my family members I enjoyed the lunch with different delicious dishes. I enjoyed the rest of the day as Eid-ul-fitr. Bangladesh is a Muslim country. We all pass these two Eids with a great joy. So I think Eid festival is the biggest celebration of our country.

No comments: