Purpose of Narijibon Blog

Nari Jibon Project seeks to increase our students’ and staffs’ abilities through different ways: classes, practice, computers, internet, and now the Narijibon Blog. Readers and writers (our students & staff) of the Blog will both learn about our lives, culture, Nature, activities of people in Bangladesh and the Nari Jibon Project.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My mother

Cross posted from Rafiq's Eye


My mother

Last winter I went to Barisal along with my children and wife to see my mother and also to observe Eid-ul.Azha. My mother was very much happy to see us that time. Seeing us she got some strength to walk a bit. My mother is now Eighty five years old. Due to old age she can not walk well without help of others or stick. She lost her parents and four of her brothers long long ago. She also has lost her husband and two sons that made her weaker.


Mother with my two sisters

In our village everybody loves her for her hospitality. My mother lives in village along with her youngest daughter and grand daughter. But my sister has to cook five to six peoples food everyday. Neighboring people ( specially women come to see her, chat with her and helps my sister a bit in her household works but nobody can not go without having food from our house. I saw her keeping without food many times but she told us that she had no appetite but checking the rice dish I saw empty. Actually she gave food to some of her poor neighboring children that was for her. Even now no one can go from our house without having food.

Her heart is great that is hardly seen. I do not know how to explain about her big heart. She is so affectionate to all.

My mother is living in village where my father and two elder brothers were buried. We tried to take her Dhaka but she does not want to leave that place. She says in this respect that she can see her two son’s everyday but if she is taken to Dhaka how she would see them.

As she is living far away from Dhaka and very expensive to go over there; I can not go to see my mother whenever I want. I usually go to village once or twice a year specially in Eid vacation. But I try to talk to her almost every day over cell phone. Whenever I talk to her my heart fill with joy and happiness. I love my mother very much.


2 comments:

Geoffrey Hiller said...

Thanks for such a beautiful post about your mother. Your words and photos convey such a deep love- the same she has for you.

rafiq said...

Thanks a lot for your comments
Yes, she also loves me very much